Friday, November 19, 2004

U2: Irrelevant but what a sexy iPod!?

So, it's true, I'm one of the few people who haven't bought an iPod yet. In the last few months, I've started to think about seriously considering possibly buying one, though. The U2 special edition iPod may be what puts me over the edge. Considering that I haven't really given a shit about U2 for 14-15 years, I find their iPod incredibly compelling. And I actually like what I've heard of their new album - basically limited to a 30 second clip of Vertigo, the first single and featured song in the iPod commercial. Basically, I'd be paying $50 extra dollars for a better-looking iPod with a down payment on their digital box set. So give it to me straight, am I a sucker?

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Steve Malloy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Steve Malloy said...

iPod is without a doubt my favorite electronics purchase ever. The thing is amazing and I use it absolutely every day. The design of the U2 player is damn cool. As for the $50 gift certificate. How much does the box set cost? I have every U2 album already so I wouldn't want to spend $200 getting another copy of each song. Will be interested to hear the new album. Interesting article in Time magazine this week about the album. Apparently Bono and Edge had a version of the album done last year and Clayton and Mullen did not think it was prime time. They brought in a couple of other people and then decided to re-record much of the album. Vertigo is a cool song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home