Tuesday, February 28, 2006

DIG!

So I flew over to London recently on Virgin Airlines and the movie DIG! was playing. For those who missed it, DIG! is a documentary of the Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Dandy Warhols, both very good bands, though I am a bigger fan of the BJM and their love of the Velvets / Stones, which I have blogged about before. The movie won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival and is frankly unbelievably good. I watched it three times in a row on the film and probably would have watched it again if we had not landed.

Anton Newcombe is a genius but not quite right as you can see on the film. Mike on multiple occasions suggested that we see the BJM live and now seeing the film I am kind of torn on this one. You see it appears that most BJM concerts break down into fights with the audiences or fights with other band members. Not sure I am up for watching the complete dissolution on stage of something that I enjoy so much on record. I have downloaded every album recently and am on a run of listening to them for days in a row right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home