Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Elliott Smith

I just started listening to the new Elliott Smith album From a Basement on a Hill after having read multiple reviews and I must say that I think it is a very good album. My favorite tracks are Coast to Coast and A Fond Farewell. Looking back at his discography, he left behind an interesting body of work. I always loved the album Figure 8. Here are links to two songs from the current album Memory Lane and Twilight (click save as and name the file).

He will fall into the Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley category I imagine. Apparently there is now a book out called Elliott Smith and the Big Nothing, as well as a concert film about to be released, and a Spin Magazine interview with his girlfriend about the last days of his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home