Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Virgin Records

When I go to Virgin in Union Square, I usually spend about 45 minutes just listening and looking around to find "something new". Recently I picked up the 2 mixes, the first "Tokyo, The Sex, The City, The Music" the other "Paris, The Sex, The City, The Music". I like the Tokyo CD better, but they are both very good. A great sampling of music that is new, different and interesting. Lots of dance/electronic, but also some great lyric/melody driven tunes. I especially like #2 on the Tokyo CD.

I bought the new Beastie Boys today, WOW! I adore the Beastie Boys. I happened to be in Wal*Mart (don't ask) I saw the Beatise Boys CD and picked it up...until I noticed "Edited" very surreptitiously on the price label. Upon asking, I found that Walmart sells very few CD's that they have not edited (unless it's the Lion King soundstrack or something). Needless to say, I will never be making a music purchase (or gun purchase) there again. I like to hear it when AD Rock says "mutherfucker"!!!! I cannot imagine the music without it...

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Steve Malloy said...

Beastie Boys album is great. I disagree with Walmart completely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home