Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Some music from Alie

My contribution is certainly not as ecletic as some of the posts I've seen here as I'm essentially a rock girl, but here goes anyway...

Kula Shaker – Hey Dude from the album “K”. They also do a fantastic remake of “Hush” (Embarassingly enough, I want to dance around my apartment and sing into a hairbrush every time I time I listen to this band)

Nick Drake – Northern Sky (possibly the most romantic recording ever made, this song it what love must be – or obsession - depending on how you look at it)

Weezer - The Green Album. (Heroin's pop-music equivalent, 'nuff said).

Luscious Jackson – Naked Eye (or anything else by them, though they broke up I still dig this band)

Pixies – Wave of Mutilation" (Since I was in 8th grade, I’ve had an intense love-affair with this band. They simply rock. They have a compilation album out “Wave of Mutilation”. This is a rock must have.)

PJ Harvey – Good Fortune off of “Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea” (great song for some low-tech rocking out)

High Art – soundtrack (mostly Shudder to Think, great for lazy Sunday afternoons, or mood music)

Blade Runner – soundtrack (fantastic for falling asleep to)

David Bowie – “Let’s Dance” album. (I have been getting back into David Bowie’s commercial music again. And regardless of how he feels about it, this album is really good. Another rock must have)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home